About Vis Maior Foundation
About FUNDACJA VIS MAIOR / THE VIS MAIOR FOUNDATION
Who are we?
We are a non-governmental organization from Warsaw, Poland.
We are an organisation for people with disabilities, especially for those with visual impairment.
We have the following goals:
- Supporting people with sight disabilities in order for them to live more independent and active lives; we do it through organizing various kinds of workshops and training sessions. We train people in orientation & mobility skills, in non-visual computer use and daily routines skills. We also train guidedogs and prepare people to work with them properly.
- Building up positive attitudes towards people with visual impairment; we do it through organizing classes for schools and other institutions, during which we show how blind people function in everyday lives, at work and so on. We also train people in various institutions how to provide their services in a way, which is accessible for people with visual impairment.
- Seeking to change laws and rules in a way which will make them more friendly for people with disabilities, especially for those with visual impairment, including guidedog users.
We act against all kinds of discrimination of persons with disabilities, as well as helping them and their families to overcome limitations connected with disability. We also act for the accessibility of websites and public space for people with disabilities.
We can achieve our objectives through:
- Organizing and carrying out psychotherapy, sociotherapy, social prevention and psychological counselling for persons with disabilities and their families.
- Carrying out legislative counselling concerning disability issues.
- Running labour agency and carrying out professional counselling.
- Carrying out information campaigns with the use of mass media.
- Acting for the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in Poland; acting for the implementation of the documents of the European Council and the European Union concerning persons with disabilities; monitoring their implementation and spreading the knowledge about them.
- Monitoring public authority bodies with respect to executing rights and liberties of persons with disabilities as well as protecting their interests.
- Carrying out research activities, including research and analyses for persons with disabilities.
- Organizing seminars, conferences, workshops and training sessions for persons with disabilities and/or concerning disability issues.
- Being in contact with the institutions, both in Poland and abroad, the experience of which may serve to achieve the Foundation?s objectives.
- Publishing materials in print, electronic and other forms.
- Promoting and supporting inclusive education of persons with disabilities, especially in public schools.
- Promoting the use of guide dogs through information campaigns; training prospective guide dog users and their relatives and volunteers, as well as through training the guide dogs themselves.
- Supporting the institutions realizing the activities similar to those realized by the Foundation, especially connected with guide dogs training.
- Social care concerning material and financial support connected with having and training guide dogs for natural persons qualified for the Foundation programs.
- Organizing and running camps and rehabilitation trips for persons with disabilities and for their families.
- Developing physical culture of persons with disabilities through organizing tourist and sport events.
- Providing the chance to satisfy spiritual and religious needs of persons with disabilities and their families through organizing retreats and pilgrimages and cooperation with religious associations.
- Developing artistic skills of persons with disabilities and supporting their active participation in various fields of cultural life.
- Undertaking the steps towards building up rehabilitation, educational and social infrastructure, including organizing and running holiday and rehabilitation centres for persons with disabilities and for their families.
FUNDACJA VIS MAIOR
We kindly ask anyone, who wants to visit our office, for phoning us and making an appointment. If you do so, we will be able to devote more time to you.
NIP: 525 225 35 42
95 1500 1126 1211 2008 8380 0000
Santander Bank Polska S.A.